In order to completely take apart your Xbox 360, you’re going to need a few tools.

Caution: if your Xbox is still covered under the warranty its recommended that you have Microsoft fix the problem for you at no cost, however if you’re not covered under the warranty and you have the money, “around $120 “then you can also have Microsoft fix the problem.

If you’d like to save money and do it yourself then this video will show you how to do it.

Tools needed to dismantle Xbox 360:

  • One flat head screwdriver
  • One regular screwdriver (Philips)
  • T8 screwdriver and T10 screwdriver
  • Roll of paper towels
  • Masking tape or cup (tin can) for screws
  • And just watch the video below, and you’re all set.





If you’re attempting to do this alone, I strongly recommend getting the Xbox 360 repair guide them properly shows you step by step how to repair, Dismantle and fix your Xbox 360 and giving you a guarantee! Click here Xbox 360 repair for more information.

4 comments
  1. Anonymous January 18, 2009 at 5:02 AM  

    Really good instructions and clear video. Saved me breaking a few parts as I normally do. Thanks

  2. Anonymous February 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

    hi i was just wondering if you could maybe send me an email giving me instructions on how to make a GPU heatsink Air duct. i just recently had my red rings fixed so i would like it to stay at one not 9 like my other friend. if you could i would GREATLY appreciate it

  3. Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

    Thankyou for uploading this my brother needed it ^____^

  4. Big Al October 29, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

    fixing for my daughters, saved me buying a new one, thanks!